Saturday, October 17, 2009

Our New Baby

Yesterday was a beautiful day. We welcomed our third gift from God into the world. Owen Alexander Cameron was born at 2:02 p.m. and weighed 6 pounds 7 ounces and was 19 inches long. He is a very handsome baby boy. We are so blessed to have such a beautiful family.

We do need everyone to please be praying for Owen and our family. He was transferred to the NICU just 4 hours after his arrival because his lungs are premature. He is on oxygen right now and they say it could take several days for him to start breathing normally. He is taking about 100 breathes per minute and should only be taking about 60 per minute. He is under an oxygen hood right now and still has yet to receive his first bottle. He is being given fluids through an IV for now. The neonatologist says worst case scenario it could take 10-14 days, but we know that our God is wonderful and can bring Owen through this quicker than that.

I am very thankful to God for keeping our babies strong. Each baby of ours has been sick at some point and had to be hospitalized with serious illnesses. I do get very frustrated when I see my babies so sick, but I also have learned to trust God. I don’t know why certain things happen or why they happen to certain people, but I know that I am very thankful for what I have. It makes me appreciate things a lot more. Tomorrow I will be released from the hospital and go home without my baby, but I am thankful that at some point I will be able to take my baby home.

Now I look forward to when I can put his clothes on him for the first time, feed him his first bottle, and wrap him up and put him in his bassinet for the first time and watch him sleep. I am so thankful that God has allowed me to be a Mommy. I cannot even imagine my life without my babies. As I held Owen’s tiny wrinkled hand today, I thanked God for keeping his hand upon us.

Please keep our family in your prayers. Thank you all! Here is our new baby boy.


No comments: