Monday, April 7, 2008

New Baby!

1 week ago today, we welcomed our second child, a baby boy into this world. His name is Evan Bane. He weighed 7 pounds and 2 ounces and was 19 ¼ inches long. He is beautiful. He looks exactly like my baby pictures. I am so happy that I have a child that looks like me since Alana looks just like Chris. Evan was born healthy and continues to be healthy. The only issue is a blocked tear duct, which is a piece of cake to deal with compared to Alana’s health issues.
I am so thankful to God for our healthy family. He has truly blessed us in so many ways. The birth of my children helps me to be so appreciative of things. There are so many people who cannot even conceive a child. I have been blessed to have very healthy pregnancies and births and healthy children. I am thankful for the time we have together to bond. Chris has taken off work all last week and probably all this week to spend time with us. He is such a wonderful Dad, the best I have ever seen. I am so thankful for him.


Chris got his dress blues in the mail Friday. He put them on and it took all I had not to cry. I was so proud. He looked so handsome in them. My mom, being the wonderful mother that she is, was kind enough to come over and sew the things that needed sewn, with the exception of the hem on the pants. I can sew but I refused to touch them because I am not good enough at that kind of thing to even attempt a military uniform.
Now we have to plan for the swearing in ceremony at the church. I am really not sure what all we will do. I want it to be very special for him. I will have to set up the tripod and film it. I will also have to find someone to take pictures. As far as I know, Chris will be the very first military officer in his family. He has picked out a book for me that is an Army wife handbook to teach me all the ranks and all the military terms and stuff. I don’t have the slightest clue on how all this stuff works so I am going to need it.

No comments: