Saturday, January 24, 2009

Missing Information

It always seems as if the military always holds information back unless you truly need to know and UNTIL you need to know. Chris was told he would not get to go to his officer school until his final year of schooling. Come to find out, it has to be completed during his first two years of schooling. So…..I guess he will be going to officer school within the next year or so. It is a 12 week course in South Carolina. I can visit all I want but that would mean driving 8+ hours with two kids younger than age 4. I will do it once for sure to see his graduation and maybe once to go visit about midway through the school. We have never been apart for longer than about 2 ½ weeks so this will be difficult.

I spent another night without him Thursday night. He had to stay overnight in Montgomery and work with Chaplain Collins to get some extra experience. Strangely enough he stayed in the exact same hotel room we stayed in when we went down March 20-21, 2008 to be sworn in. Ah the memories.

Chris came home last night. It is alright to have some time away but one night is plenty for me. I am not needy but I am in love. I don’t like being away from him long. I guess when it comes time for him to go to officer school I will have to get used to it. The kids miss him like crazy, especially Alana. She cried when she went to bed Thursday night. She doesn’t understand why he has to spend the night away. I woke up around 3 a.m. and she was lying right next to me in the bed. I snuggled next to her and went back to sleep.

On a stranger note, I was just thinking earlier of how much like Martha Stewart I am and then remembered that you never see her with a man. Now I know it is because she is too neat and likes things done her way. Well, just call me mini Martha. Now throw a G.I. Joe in the mix. It is a humorous situation. Then throw two children in the mix. What should we call ourselves? We need some sort of superhero name. Alana says we are the Incredibles. She loves that cartoon. And right now I will have to agree with her. We are the Incredibles! Look out world, here we come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea you better watch out with the incredibles. You know they have 3 kids right? LOL. And as much trouble as the 2 big ones are the baby is on fire when he gets mad. LITERALLY. LOL.