Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Surprise

I have wrote in the past that God is teaching me that I am not in control. Apparently, I have still not gotten the point. I like to plan things years in advance if possible. We planned every detail of Alana's and Evan's birth years in advance. We plan vacations years in advance, we are planners.

I have been praying for God to help me with a lot of areas in my life. I have prayed for him to make me a gentle, kind, and loving person. I have prayed for him to help me be a better wife and a better mother. But not just better, the best He would have me be for my husband and children.

You see, the last year has been very difficult. A lot has happened. Evan especially was a challenge because of how much he cried and still cries. Chris and I had plans for a big family but when Evan came along I questioned everything. I prayed to God and asked Him to please let me know if I was supposed to have more children. I also prayed that if we were supposed to have more children that the next one would not cry as much. Anyway, I still was unsure about having more children.

Then it happened. A positive pregnancy test. VERY unplanned. VERY unexpected. I have to admit that when I saw the results I nearly fainted. I immediately told Chris. You see, we did not have plans for another child for another couple of years. This was quite a shock, especially considering that Evan will only be a year old at the end of this month.

It took me a few days to get used to the idea of being pregnant again, especially considering I had just two days earlier gotten back to my pre-pregnancy weight with Evan, but I thank the Lord for His gracious gift to us. Of course we wanted more children, just not so soon. But my wonderful husband has a way of making me feel better. He said, "This was a gift from God to us." I agree. At first I was shocked but now, I rejoice.

My due date is October 28, 2009. I can hardly believe this will be our third child. Thank you Jesus for such a beautiful gift. Every baby is a gift from God. God must really love us because we have such a wonderful family. I am so excited to once again be having a baby, even though it was unexpected.

And as for how many we may have....we aren't sure. So for those who looked at me with complete confusion when we made our announcement, we may have more after this, so prepare yourselves. We are making a family for God. People do have more than two kids ya know.

Anyway, there it is....I am pregnant. I am joyous. Thank you God!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along the riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green, and they go right on producing delicious fruit. JEREMIAH 17:7-8

Anonymous said...

You tell um. My mom always told me GOD wont give you more than you can handle. So when he has decided it's enough he will fix ya. So until then you keep having those beautiful babies. I love it. We are going to get so fat together. YEAH!

Anonymous said...

I'm stoked! Except for the morning sickness I'm sharing with you, hehehe!!! I can't wait for another little baby. I'm gonna be at your house all the time!