Friday, April 3, 2009

Busy Week

A lot has happened this week. Tuesday I had my first ultrasound for this pregnancy. It was so joyous to see my little miracle. We could see the baby’s toes and fingers, head, heartbeat....everything. It was so wonderful. If there was ever any anxiety about having a third child, it melted away during the ultrasound. Toward the end of the exam, the baby started moving its legs and then stuck up its little hand as if to wave at us and say hello. I almost was in tears. It is such a wonderful thing to see. The doctor said everything looks perfect. The baby is about an inch long so far. The due date is still at 10/28/2009. I am so full of joy. Next ultrasound will be at the end of May, just a few days before Chris goes to Officer School and then we will be able to know what the baby will be, boy or girl.

Today, my little man had surgery. At birth he was unable to have his circumcision performed for various reasons. They examined him at a few months old and decided to do it when he turned a year old. Today it was done. This kind of stuff is all new to me because there are no boys in the family. I felt so sorry for him. When he came out of recovery he was crying. He probably woke up terrified because Mommy wasn’t with him. But he is fine, the good Lord above made sure to guide the surgeon’s hand. He is doing fine right now. He is so spoiled rotten. I think it was harder on me than him.

Well, I don’t have a lot of time. I have a lot to do while the children are sleeping. God bless you all!

No comments: