Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Ultrasound Results!!!!

Well, yesterday was my ultrasound. My suspicions were correct. I have craved beef and potatoes, I have been real tired, I have not been a pleasure to be around. I should have known there was a little boy in there. Our little Owen Alexander is doing just fine. He is healthy and happy in mommy’s tummy. He hid his face almost the entire time. He had both arms crossed in front of his face. It was so cute. He had his knees drawn in toward his tummy so he was curled up in a little ball. Owen weighs 7 ounces! He is still due to arrive around October 28.

It is so wonderful to get to see our little man in there. I am so thankful for the technology today. I could never wait until I had the baby to know what I was having!

Alana really wanted a baby sister and was a little disappointed, but she helped me pick out a few little things for Owen at the Galleria yesterday. We had girl’s day out while Evan stayed with Nana.

It is a lot easier knowing that now I don’t have to redecorate the nursery. I can keep the boy stuff in there for a while. That will be a time saver. And because Evan and Owen will be so close in age, I can just pass clothes down from Evan to Owen without even packing them up. What a great time saver! My only thoughts on having two boys at such a close age range is the trouble they can get into together. Chris tells me stories of him and Mark when they were small, and they were 2 years apart. Evan and Owen will be about 19 months apart. But that’s alright, God will never give me more than I can handle. I am a pretty tough mommy if I do say so myself. I will have the most well mannered and handsome boys in town.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, please continue to pray for us. Chris will begin his Officer School in just 4 days. Please keep him in your prayers. Thank you all!

1 comment:

Crystal Owens said...

Dont worry darlin. They do not have to be the same gender to cause trouble. They will cause just as much being boy/girl, as they would boy/boy. Trust me, I know. And I havent even gotten to the teenage years yet. Oh my!!!