Sunday, May 31, 2009

Hard Times

Saturday was a very difficult day for our family. Chris left for Officer School. I think we all tried so hard to be strong but it was just too hard. We all had a big hug and walked him out. As we watched him drive away I tried to stay strong for the kids. I took them inside and turned on a cartoon and walked into the bedroom to cry. Alana was watching me very closely so I had to be careful not to stay in the bedroom crying too long.

Mom and Stef were going to Jasper so I decided we would go with them to keep ourselves busy. We had a good time. We then came home and swam a little in the pool. The kids all had a great time. Evan actually went to bed early! Alana spent the night with Mom, which made things harder on me because I missed her and Chris so much.

I talked to Chris and he made it safely, which was a relief. This isn’t going to be an easy process but I have complete faith in Chris and in Jesus and I know that Jesus will hold his hand and help him through this school.

Today was even more difficult. I barely slept last night because the bed felt so cold and empty. I couldn’t shut my mind off. When I woke up I was fine but then as we started to leave for church, Evan began to throw one of his fits and I lost it. I cried like a baby. We left for church and I cried almost the whole way there. When we got to church, Evan looked up to the sound room and started calling for Dada. I got teary eyed and had to keep myself busy. I wanted to go to Sunday school to request that everyone pray for Chris but I couldn’t do it. I knew if I went in there that I would cry if I requested prayer for him so I just didn’t go in. I didn’t get to stay in service either because Alana started crying because she missed her Daddy and Evan started throwing another fit. We stayed in the nursery the whole time.

After church I went to Chris’s mom and dad’s house like we do every Sunday after church. I was so lonely. I kept busy though because Evan gets in to EVERYTHING there. I guess I missed him more there than at church.

He checked in at 1 today, 2 there. He got some paperwork done and will be getting processed in most of the week. They will start PT (Physical Training) Friday. Right now it is a lot of paperwork. We talked to him several times today. I get all weepy when we say bye on the phone. I try not to let him hear me get upset though.

I really appreciate all the phone calls, prayers, and support.

I would like for everyone to please continue to pray for Chris during this time. He needs strength and comfort from God. Please remember our family in your prayers.

Love you all!

1 comment:

crystal owens said...

Just remember how lucky you are. Not everyone has such a strong support team standing behind them. I can count mine on 1 hand, and still not use all my fingures. Point is you are loved by so many. We are all here for you. It will get easier, I am not saying better, cause I dont think it does. But it will get easier. I love you girl. Take care.