Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Update

Chris seems to be doing well so far. Things will pick up toward the end of the week, but for right now it is a lot of paperwork and dental and physical exams. Today was his first day in uniform. Previously they had been wearing civilian clothes to do most everything. He got a leadership role, something called an S-2 I believe, which is an intelligence role. That is most of what I know about that. Today I spoke to him briefly and he said they had been marching some and he liked doing that. He doesn’t like sitting still very long, he likes to stay busy.

The kids and I are doing well too. I thank everyone for the prayers and thoughts. I stay very busy with the kids and have picked up cross-stitching again, which I love. I also school my nieces in the mornings, which keeps me very busy. I love it all.

I am helping Alana count the days until we make the trip to see him. I have a jar where we keep glass beads and each day we take one out. When the jar is empty, we will leave to go see Daddy. I got the idea from Military Spouse magazine. I need to subscribe to that while I am thinking about it.

When Evan hears the dogs bark, he runs to the door and starts saying "Dada". Today he got real excited and clapped his hands and started saying it so we tried to play with him and keep him busy.

I am praying that God will pour His favor on Chris and that Chris will be at the top of his class. I pray he is at the top of the class in everything, including PT (physical Training). Friday they will have what is a mini PT test, which is like half of what the regular PT test would be. I will be praying that he not only pass, but excel above the rest of the class.

I am now 19 weeks pregnant and Owen is getting wild. My stomach sometimes feels like there is an octopus in there. I forgot how precious those movements are. They are wonderful. My stomach seems to be blowing up quickly. It is a little scary that soon I am going to have 3 children. It seems scary but I have to say with all honesty, I am honored that God has chosen me to bear children and teach them in the way of the Bible.
Please pray for our family.

If you would like Chris’s side of the story, I have a link to the left of this which says Lieutenant Cameron’s Journey. Please drop in and let him know you are thinking of him.

No comments: