Monday, August 3, 2009

Back Home

It has been about 36 hours since I left Chris to come back home. Already I feel drained. There is just something about being with him that makes me whole and energetic, yet relaxed. I feel complete and secure when I am with him.

We didn’t get home until nearly 7:00 p.m. last night and Evan was furious when I brought him into the house. He cried until I put him to bed and he fell asleep. I wanted to cry too but I distracted myself by trying to unpack. The trip home was long because it rained the whole way home and there were many accidents. One accident was so bad we sat still on the interstate for about an hour because a helicopter had to come and evacuate someone. Actually it rained the whole trip to and from South Carolina. Go figure.

Anyway, we spent time together as a family and it was wonderful. I was able to cook for Chris and do his laundry, which ot most people is an annoying part of life, but I miss doing those things for him and felt useful again. I cannot wait for things to get back to normal. Of course normal will only last about 1 ½ to 2 months until we welcome Owen into the world. Then normal will once again change. But I don’t care what happens from here on out as long as we are all together. I don’t care if we have to move, I don’t care where God takes us, as long as we are healthy and together. (Although I do want to specify to God that I do not prefer to move overseas.)

Anyway, only 22 more days until I get to see Chris again! 23 more days until the wife formal and 25 more days until he graduates. And, only 27 more days until we all return home TOGETHER! I ain’t going home without him next time. Somebody will go down if they try and stop me!

Thank you all for your prayers!

No comments: