Friday, August 7, 2009

Love Sick

I am like a love sick puppy. It’s almost as if we are dating all over again. When he isn’t here I think about him constantly. Everything I do I think of him and how it would be if he were here. Here we are in the final stretch of his absence and I am missing him more now than before. I just saw him last weekend. It is getting harder, not easier. If the good Lord ever does need to send Chris on a deployment, I will need more prayers than ever. I pray that day never comes but deep down I feel it will.

Speaking of deployments, please continue to pray for Johnathan and Crystal. Their baby is now 9 days old. She is gorgeous. Johnathan is in Afghanistan and will get to come home toward the end of the month to meet his new daughter. I cannot imagine the emotions Crystal is going through with him being half a world away. Chris is only 2 states away and I am whining like a baby. Anyway, please pray for Johnathan’s safety as he comes back to the US and then has to go back to Afghanistan. Also pray for their family to be strong during this deployment.

Military families are very much in need of your prayers, please don’t forget them! It takes a lot of strength that only God can give to help them through these types of situations. Thank you all for listening, praying, and for the many kind deeds that have been done for us.

Love you all!

P.S. Chris did great on his PT test today, thanks for the prayers!

2 comments:

Crystal Yarbrough said...

I am going through some of the same things you are right now. My husband is also a Chaplin Candidate in the MS National Gaurd. He went to Chaplin trainig last year. He has just currently quit his civilian job to go to school full time ( New Orleans Baptist Seminary) he should finish 12/09--and as you know HIGH probability---- Off to Iraq, Afganisitan ect... We are praying that when he gets back he can get a Full time National Gaurd position here in MS, but going full time ARMY is still not out of the picture. Ya know where ever GOD leads us. We have 2 busy boys 3yrs and 7yrs and we are thinking about going for a girl in the next few months or so. Love reading your blog--I will continue to do so.
God Bless You, Crystal Yarbrough
crysbyarb@yahoo.com

Crystal said...

Just in case I havent told ya lately. I love ya girl. You make me want to cry soometimes. Thanks for all your prayers, and being there when I need you. But you cant say nothing bout the way Johnathan and me talk to each other no more. Cause you sound like you are 15 again. It's nice being in love the way we are with are husbands. And we dont just say it to make our lives look good. It is actually true. Just wish they were here. Well 2 weeks and Johnathan will get to meet his daughter. I am getting so excited. I cant wait. Speaking of his daughter, I gotta go. Call ya later. Love ya for real. Thanks for everything.