Friday, August 28, 2009

Graduation Day!

Today is a very special day for our family. For the last 3 months, Chris has been at Fort Jackson, South Carolina in Chaplain Basic Officer Leader Course. As you all know, he has a calling to become a Chaplain for the U.S. Army. It takes a very special individual to be able to perform this type of duty. This school is only part of what he will have to complete in order to earn Chaplain status, but today he graduates.

Chris has worked very hard over the past 3 months and has also only got to be with his family about once a month. I know this process has not been easy for him, but he is a very strong man and he is very obedient to God.

Graduation is at 2:30 p.m. today on post. We will all be there to cheer him on as they call his name. I could not be more proud of him. Just to know that he graduates today makes me shine with pride to be his wife. Of course, I have always been proud to be his wife. He is the most wonderful man I have ever met.

After graduation, Chris gets to come home, which is the best part of him graduating. Being without Chris for 3 months has not been easy. The kids and I have missed him so much. But now, he is going to be home with us. I am not leaving this hotel parking lot without him this time. The only tears that will be shed after this trip will be tears of joy!
So today, I want to tell Chris that I am so proud of him and that I love him very much. God could not have given me a better husband.

To all of you who have supported us along the way, I want to say thank you. For those of you who watched the kids for me, cut the grass, and said prayers for us, took trips with us to South Carolina, and for those who lent a listening ear, thank you! I love you all so much!

1 comment:

del said...

Congratulations to Chris...and a patient Mom! I was there at the graduation to see some others graduate. Are you ready for some High adventure?!