Friday, June 26, 2009

Phase I Complete

My husband has successfully completed Phase I of CHBOLC (Chaplain Basic Officer Leader Course). I am so proud of him. He got to take half the day off and even has the weekend off. I am so glad he will get some rest.

That isn’t the only great news. I finally get to see him next week! It will be so wonderful to actually get to give him a huge hug and kiss! I miss him terribly and so do the kids. We will get to spend a few days there and celebrate the 4th of July with him.

I had my 22 week checkup yesterday and Owen’s heart rate was 150. Everything so far points to him being so much like Alana. He moves around a lot like her and has a fast heart like her. I gained 7 pounds in 4 weeks. The scary part is that most of that was in my belly. I am beginning to wonder if there isn’t a giant in there. I am getting bigger a lot faster this time. I guess that has a lot to do with how soon I am having him after having Evan and the fact this is my third baby.
Anyway, the Lord is definitely blessing us. I look around each day and realize just how blessed we are to have what we do and to also have each other. I may be tired and my kids may get loud and rowdy, but they are God’s gifts to me and Chris and I thank him for them.

Thank you all for your prayers. Please remember us as next week we will be doing some traveling.

Love you all!

No comments: