Friday, June 12, 2009

Too Quiet

Last night was one of the more difficult nights for me for some reason. I didn’t even want to turn off the tv to go to sleep because I missed Chris so bad and didn’t want it to get quite in the room. I reached over to snuggle with my pillow and it was so cold and dull. Even though I am trying to get Alana to sleep in her bed the whole night, I have to say that when she sneaks in my bed in the early morning, it is comforting.

I said I was going to let the cats sleep with me at night while Chris was gone, but for some reason Pooh likes to lay directly on my face or tries to lick me. When I push him away he then turns around and sits on my head....that is when I throw him out. PJ is too good to snuggle. He would rather sit right next to you and stare at you, which makes me a little uncomfortable. So cats are NOT good snuggle buddies. So for now I will stick to the pillows until Alana sneaks in.

Chris did well in the gas chamber. He said it wasn’t too bad for him, which we knew because we had prayed for him not to get sick. God is truly watching out for him. I am praying that God sends an angel to fix his car. I believe he can do it. It won’t start. I prayed that God would send an angel to just touch the car and that it would work again. He doesn’t even have to send an angel, He could just let it happen. Either way, everyone please pray that Chris’s car will start the next time he tries it.

Father’s Day is approaching soon and I feel terrible that Chris will not get to be with the kids on that day. We gave him a gift before he left but I would much rather us all be together. But not too long after that we will see him for several days.

Evan and Alana are doing well with this but I can tell here and there that they are missing their Daddy. Alana cries when she goes to bed at night. Evan has become very sensitive to me walking away from him. But otherwise they are happy and healthy children. Thank God! They are so smart too. Alana is learning to read a new book; Evan is learning lots of new words. Owen is kicking me harder each day. Such blessings are my children.

Please continue to pray for us all, especially Chris.

Love you all!

1 comment:

breakingloose said...

Mandy
I am so proud of you. You are a very strong woman and a very good mother. Your making one father a very proud man. If this time stamp is correct I had just gotten home when you published it. The dogs were howling as I stood outside. I did not hear an ambulance anywhere...so I could only think of one other thing that could make them howl. I love you and I know I am not Chris...but if you need me at anytime of the day or night you call me or comeover. I know how tuff it is for the one you love to not be there. Dad